With this recipe, I am making a comeback to blogging after a lengthily absence, it’s been more than one year since I posted a recipe. As with many of you, life has gotten really busy. Previously I had been doing work and also managing this blog, which was my baby for quite a few years. Without any regret, I made the tough decision to leave my parents & step out of my hometown to focus on my career. I expected to be able to continue blogging part-time, but between work, managing household chores, ingraining myself in new city and most importantly giving time to my man & my relationship, I never had any time left to blog. I am more focused now, personal life feels calmer and happy and yes, I am getting married 🙂
I made these crepes today morning for my roommates & ofcourse to share with my readers. Used up leftovers, just trying to reduce food waste, so here it goes. Made fresh besan crepes (chilla), placed leftover onion-gobhi parathe, and overloaded with fresh veggies and sauces. Trying a new recipe after a long time made me nervous but got the confidence back when my roomies liked it. So get creative with your leftovers and don’t let food go to waste.
Besan (Gramflour): 1 cup
Tomato: 1 medium (sliced)
Cucumber: 1, grated
Ceasar Salad Dressing or any salad dressing: 2-3 table spoons
Cheese spread (optional): 2-3 table spoons
Mustard Sauce: 2-3 tea spoons
Leftover Parathe (I used Onion-Gobhi Parathe): 2-3
Tamarind Chutney: 2-3 table spoons
Red Chilli Powder: a pinch
Garam Masala Powder: a pinch
Salt to taste
- In a bowl, mix besan with water to prepare a thick batter. Add salt, red chilli powder & garam masala powder.
- Heat a pan, grease with little oil. Pour a ladleful of besan batter and spread properly to make chilla/crepe. Place a paratha while its half cooked. Turn it around and cook on both sides until its light golden in colour. Repeat the same process for the remaining parathas.
- Slightly lift up paratha from besan crepe and spread tamarind chutney over besan crepe.
- In a bowl, mix tomato & cucumber with ceasar salad dressing & mustard sauce.
- To assemble, in a plate place besan crepe paratha combo, evenly spread cheese , top it with tomato & cucumber salad mixture. Wrap the paratha, heat it if required & serve hot.